So Friday I had a neighborhood playdate. I didn't seem to pick a very good day as most of the neighbors were not able to make it. We did have Morningstar come over with Ben and Piper. Brayden is still not sure of sharing his toys with others which is why I find the playdates so valuable. We still had a good time. After they left, Brayden went down for a nap which allowed me a little time to myself. I finished my fiction book that I started a few days ago. The last couple of days have sort of caused me to refocus a bit. I have been better at getting a walk in the morning (working on getting this temple back to prebaby), flossing my teeth (from dentist appt. on Monday-still no cavities at almost 30), and most importantly getting daily reading in. I know that I should be reading more of my Bible but sometimes it is easier reading Christian Fiction to see how other people lived their lives. I have to tell myself that baby steps are necessary. I have gotten more intentional with Brayden also. We play specifically. I sign more to him while stressing the syllables of each word. Each step is progress.
The refrigerator repair man came out and my little helper was not to be detered from helping the poor man fix the ice maker. Brayden was fascinated with his hard top case. Who knows maybe that will be the next Christmas present:)I finally had to turn Cars on to distract Brayden so the man could get his work done. We then headed to Gymboree to get some of the excess energy out. The more we do the easier it is. A close relative states that I need to change things up constantly. Great, one more thing to add to my list. I will try to keep things interesting for him.
Since I had all these left over chocolate muffins from the playdate, I decided that it was best that I didn't eat them. So I decided to get a walk in and deliver them to several neighbors houses. It was nice to have the opportunity to chat with the neighbors. What better excuse then to say, here is food?
We stayed home and had a nice 20 minute walk to the mailbox. Brayden is now into touching other people's cars and pulling their flowers. We are trying to instill more neighbor friendly habits. He is also a rock collector. Each and every rock seems to be worth looking at and picking up. David and I just laughed and wondered what was going through his mind. We have to remind ourselves that it must be very exciting to think most things are new. We came back to the hosue and David cleaned up dinner, bathed Brayden and read him bedtime stories (all of which I normally do but I was sleeping on the couch). I took myself upstairs then to go to sleep for real.
Saturday
We got up early which was much too early for David. He had stayed up way too late watching a movie last night. Brayden was very insitantly pushing Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus in David's face. David had no choice but to get. He made us breakfast. Brayden and I then headed to Gymboree. Admittedly this was the first class that I was a little frustrated. I am not sure why I didn't go with the flow, but Brayden is normally so good at following along with what is going on, but not today. He was Mr. Independent and he wanted to ride the rocking horse. Just the day before he had been interested in the rocking horse. Today was no different and he rode both kinds instead of paying attention to the activities at hand. He also decided that he loved the little shaker that made noise and wanted to go after those. Being the controlling mother that I know that I am, I wanted him to do the activities with the rest of the kids. It continued to get worse as they got out cones and wanted the kids to put "big" and "little" hoops on the cones. Brayden thought it fun to pick up the cones and put them to his mouth like a megaphone. Soon other child began doing so and the activity went down hill from there. Oh, well, kids will be kids and I have to tell myself that as long as he had fun, who cares if he didn't do the activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment