So Tuesday night I decided that since it was probably going to rain and since David would be home late, I needed to busy myself or else get bored or go crazy. I drove back to Gymboree. We weren't there five minutes when I began to smell something. Sure enough it was Brayden. I ran out to the car to grab the diaper bag. Oh no, no diapers... I had three potential options: I could either go home after driving 25 minutes, wait a few minutes to see if a neighbor came and bum a diaper off of them, or go over to Safeway and purchase the smallest package of diapers. I opted on the later. We got Brayden changed and all was well. Brayden played good and hard. I had joked to the ladies at Gymboree that I was hoping he would go down at 7:00 so I would have some time to myself. Brayden had juice and animal crackers in the car and fell asleep on the way home. I put him in his crib and began making mac and cheese for dinner. I finish the meal right as he woke up. I was quite pleased with the timing and figured he would take a brief nap after playing. The problem was, he wasn't done sleeping. I ended up falling asleep on the sectional with him and woke up around 9:00pm (yikes). I put him in his crib and wondered at the ill effects of no dinner on my son. After all he is a super skinny kid already. I was really into my book and decided to stay up (there is a reason adults with children don't stay up till 1:00am anymore), after all, I figured he would not sleep the night if he was hungry. I was right. He woke up at 2:00am and had some milk before going to bed. Not only did I not get my walk in the morning, but I definitely dragged all the next day.
I finally finished reading my second work of fiction. I think I will have to start reading non fiction more as I just can't seem to put a book down once I have started. Unfortunately play time, cleaning the house, and looking for a job all suffered because of it yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment