There are so many things that I often want to write about that I either let the time pass and decide not to share. There are so many things that I wish I would have recorded better with this pregnancy. I am going to try and share a few of those things now.
We are currently in our 38th week heading to the 39th on Saturday. Last doctor's appointment (Tuesday) showed that I was 4 and half centimeters dilated and 75% effaced. The doctor offered to strip my membranes and break my water. I thought about it and told her that I would get back to her. Brant is easier to care for while in the womb verses out. I know that he has a better advantage getting as much time as he can to fully develop and since he is not experiencing any stress nor am I, we decided to wait. However as the weekend approaches, I wonder a bit about convenience especially since my husband is straight commission and our sole income provider. Should we help things along this weekend? I am still a bit torn. I know that I stayed at 5 centimeters with Brayden until they broke my water. Then things moved along after that.
I have a love/hate relationship with David's cooking. I love that my husband cooks. It is a great quality. We usually have a dinner from scratch. This means that most of our evening is consumed with a meal. The food is normally tasty, I don't always like all of David's recipes. I have to say though that I HATE the dishes and clean up. I suck it up as I am adult and this is one of those responsibilities but it doesn't mean I like it. This pregnancy, it seems like David's outlet has been cooking. Of course watching Master Chef together hasn't helped this (our one show we watch together). During this pregnancy David has created/cooked the following dishes: homemade pasta, pretzels, french bread, chocolate souffle, orange french toast among others that are failing to come to mind.
Thoughts on pregnancy
Pregnant women seem to be treated better during this time in their life then any other. Perfect strangers feel the need to converse with you. People offer to help and support you during this time. It makes one feel great.
Most people will tell you that going from 1 child to 2 children is difficult. Recently I encouraged by the following takes on multiple children. A mother of 4 told me that having one child was more difficult then multiple children as you are the one providing their sole entertainment verses the kids playing together. Another grandmotherly figure told me that having the first child was the most life changing as you went from no children to a child and had to give up being so selfish. She said that having another meant that you had already gone through the hardest adjustment already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, Nicki, any day now...good luck! I'm jealous about David's cooking, sounds delicious. Neither Keith nor I are that skilled in the kitchen :)
I didn't know David cooked. That's super nice. For me going from 1 to 2 was harder than going from none to 1. I am sure everyones experience is different based on the needs of their older child. However, it does get easier the older they get because they will play together more. It may be 2 years, but it will happen. Keep us posted when you have him. Good Luck
Nicki, I am sorry I haven't called you back yettt. I was going to on my drive home and then got distracted. Two wasn't much harder than one in my viewpoint. Three kids though threw me for a loop!
I agree with the grandma that said that going from no children to one was more difficult than going from one child to two. WhenI had my second I already knew most of the info I needed to take care of a new baby and I knew my first child's personality and how to handle him. I though it was about a 3 on the 1-10 really hard scale. Now going back to breast feeding, adding diapers and a little bit of supplemental formula to the grocery budget.... now that was hard.
Lorie V
Post a Comment