• Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~John W. Whitehead

Friday, August 27, 2010

Nesting and appointments


I have been busy nesting, running to appointments, and generally trying to do fun family things with just Brayden before a new baby comes along.
Brayden has been acting out a bit which is what I expected seeing all the baby items on the floor. I am still waiting for my guest bedroom set to sell so that I can move Brayden into his new room and set up the baby room completely. So in the meantime, I have stuff in piles all over the place which further drives me crazy. I was hoping to rest perhaps before this baby comes but apparently that isn't going to happen.
I have found that having a child who is potty trained has it joys-no more diapers and its challenges-when they ask to go potty. We are on I-17 heading to Brayden's renal scan and already late when he tells me that he has to go potty. Now I have the decision, do I get off at an unfamiliar exit and find a fast food joint to go potty or will I save more time just heading to the destination and going? I decide to wait till we get to Phoenix Children's Hospital but then we make 3 rounds around the parking garage to find a spot it causes me to wonder if my child was going to make it. We finally made it inside and Brayden held it, which was great. Then I was having my OB appointment where a pelvic exam was done, here I am naked from the waist down when Brayden tells me he has to go to the potty. Really, you have to go now? Thankfully he waited till the appointment was over.
Baby Brant continues to kick alot. Everyone seems very willing to tell me how huge I am, which depending on my mood makes me smile or what to slap them silly for telling a pregnant woman that. Unfortunately during my last appointment, we heard an irregular heartbeat. The doctor stated that it may clear up by delivery but we will alert the nurses once he is born. I am glad to have things prepared but not happy to have another child with a potential health complication. We will just have to pray and see what God has in store for us.
Meanwhile we continue nesting knowing it isn't long before Brant's arrival.

2 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Your post made me laugh about the potty experiences, but sad too about the heartbeat. I will start praying now that it goes away and isn't anything serious. Taylor and Ryland both had irregular heartbeats, which were detected around 1-2 months after birth, and thankfully they have resolved themselves. And then of course the 17-day scare about Landon in the NICU. So if you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here...I can understand what you are going through. {Hugs}

Unknown said...

Ahhhh.....yes.....the inconvenient potty breaks -- just wait until you have 2 (or more!) Bathroom runs are downright CRAZY!!!!! I'm so thankful that all three of mine can take care of business without my help -- it always scares me to be in the stall with one and not have my eyes on the other 2. With all three being independent, I can wait by the sinks to monitor handwashing and make sure we all leave together...AND that there aren't any weirdos peeking in!!! Now...if I have to go -- TOO BAD!!!!! Mommy must wait!

I will pray for Brant's heart rate and a healthy/happy delivery!