Boy was it a busy one. It all started on Friday after I got off work. David shared with me that Brayden's preschool was having a fall festival. We quickly grabbed a bite to eat, saved cleaning up for later and headed to the school. Brayden wasn't too sure being at the school for the second time in a row in one day. The school did a nice job putting on the event and it gave me the oppportunity to talk to Brayden's teachers which was nice. I asked what sort of issues they were having with Brayden. I was suprised when they told me that they are trying to get him to consistently use eating utensils. I was pleased to hear this was the worse thing you could say about my son.
Saturday morning we woke up early to walk in the JDRF walk in Tempe with our neighbors and friends, the Rose's. David and I got a little lost which meant we were later then normal which meant I wasn't the happiest camper. We eventually got where we needed to go and had a great morning. After the walk, I realized that I still didn't have a costume for Brayden. A couple of calls later, we borrowed one from my sister-in-law which we picked up on the way home as well as groceries for the neighborhood cookout. I prepped for the neighborhood cookout and got it all set up. We invited neighbors to come over and share dinner. As it began to get darker, I changed Brayden into his fireman costume. Honestly it couldn't have been a better costume. Brayden loves firetrucks. I was not quite yet ready to go when some a group of neighbors descended on the driveway. Included in this group, was the neighbor and her daughter who have been watching Brayden during small group. Well Brayden decided that he was going to take off and go with the group. So off he went. I was appreciative of Virg taking Brayden trick or treating till I could catch up. I had to laugh as Brayden would pull Virg around to the next house. Brayden's bucket was half full, which was heavy for the little guy, when he decided that he was done. We came home and he wanted to go in from all the stimulation. Although the night seemed later, he was in bed pretty early.
Sunday we went to the early service. It was a good topic on the subject of worry. I needed it as I was busy trying to get things together for my sharing of Christmas ideas party. I was busy cleaning the house and prepping it for having my guest speaker over who shared a bit on keeping Christ in Christmas. It was a great afternoon. I knew though that I would be going back to work on Monday to relax.

No comments:
Post a Comment