So for the past 3 weeks I have been back to work. Sure it has been an adjustment. I thought I was having a hard time and initially I was. It was hard to have to do the adult thing and go to work to help support my family. It IS hard to walk out that door with a little boy crying that he doesn't want you to go. I know that David needs to be downstairs before I go out in the garage or Brayden is following after me and that could be dangerous. But I have been listening to some of the tidbits that my husband has been saying to me about daycare. While I believe that Brayden is in a good daycare which is offering curriculum, I am sad to hear about the strong separation anxiety. I am sad to hear that he doesn't want to give up his green blanket for anything. I am sad to hear that my little boy seems quiet and not willing to participate in activities. So what do I do? I call the daycare center and see what else I can do as a parent to facilitate the transition. It is hard to have David be in control of dropping and picking Brayden up. I know it is a highlight for David to pick Brayden up. I am not certainly running through the door with a smile on my face as I am tired after physical labor. I will say that we are getting back into shape pretty quick. I hate that David allows Brayden to take toys into daycare and now it drives me crazy to be missing stuff. All I can do is pray that things get better. Remind David to check Brayden's hands before dropping him off at daycare.
We are getting away this weekend to cooler Sedona for the Edward Jones Regional. I am looking forward to the family time and it is always encouraging seeing fellow financial advisors, their spouses and families. I bought a view finder for the trip up so hopefully it will keep him occupied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I will continue to lift your family in prayer. I can only imagine how difficult this transition must be for a mother's heart.
Post a Comment