Monday began with me trying to be super mom. I should have known better. I got out paper and crayons and began to let Brayden color. I am unsure why but he chooses colors that I think most toddlers wouldn't choose. He went for white even though he is coloring on white paper. He also chose alot of browns. Go figure. We then went on a bike ride and got some fresh air. I then decided that since we had been sick that it was time to wash the toys again ( I enjoyed washing the dolly in preschool, perhaps he is still too young). I attempted to let Brayden wash his own toys but that didn't get very far before I was frustrated and Brayden was all wet. I changed his clothes and then he took a nap before I finished washing his toys. I made homemade playdough that is edible for Brayden to play with. He had a great time tearing it apart and dropping pieces onto the floor. After nap, Robin from Early Intervention came out to do her assessment of Brayden, unfortunately we didn't finish. Brayden wanted her to play as he normally sees her for therapy and not to answer questions. After her visit, we meant up with the neighbors at the park by the pool. I am not a total fan of the park as Brayden is still a bit little for the equipment and can do serious harm to himself. Admittedly I couldn't relax and just chat with the other moms as I was busy chasing Brayden around. Of course it wouldn't be a day unless he got hurt, thankfully it was just a small fall and nothing of consequence.
Tuesday was errand day. I went over to the neighbor's house for help with my fabric book. We finally came up with a plan for how everything was going to work. While Brayden napped I got the fabric pinned and cut. Brayden decided that he wanted to color again today by getting in the closet, in the organizer, and pulling them out. I got him set up and sat with him. Call me strange but I like to give Brayden one marker at a time to not only have him sign "more" but also to contain the mess. Brayden found it was more interesting to pull the cap off and put it back on rather then color with it. I wondered if other people's kids did this. He had messy hands and thankfully that was it. We got him cleaned up before heading out. We went to Walgreens in the hopes of picking up DE for scorpions. Unfortunately they were still out. We then went to Lowe's where I was able to get very friendly service and the product desired. We returned the long overdue movie. We then headed to the 99 cent store to see if I could find some items for the texture box. I was able to get a few things. We were near Olive Garden and since I got some gift cards for my B-day, Brayden and I did a late lunch. It was enjoyable till the end when other patrons began picking up the menu that Brayden continued to drop to get a reaction. We came home. I was ready for David to come home tonight. I hadn't made it to Target yet and we really needed some groceries. David offered to pick them up on the way home and while it was appreciated, I really wanted to get out of the house on my own and enjoy looking at things in my own time. I got the groceries but still felt really restless. I considered going to bed out of boredom. David and Brayden were in bed. That is when the craziness began...
I knew that we were hosting study on Wednesday night so I wanted the downstairs to look good. I find that the longer that I am home, the more compulsive and obsessive I become. I swept the carpet, then the chair, then I pulled out the cushions of the sectional and swept them too. I then Leather CPRed the sectional. I cleaned under the stove and the refrigerator. I wiped the counters and the sinks. I cleaned the half bathroom. I wiped down the cabinets (sticky hands always make their mark). I swept the tile and mopped it. I then looked at the chairs and noticed they needed a good wipe down. I then did the table. I swept the office and mopped the mat and wiped down the leather chair. I wiped the blinds down and cleaned the windows. I ended up going to bed at 1am. I woke up around 7:30 this morning. I began sweeping the steps and the upstairs. I mopped the upstairs tile. We tried to wash the toys again today to no avail. While he napped, I finally began washing the upstairs toys in the tub. I dusted. I then cleaned the bathrooms. I wiped down the railing. I disinfected all of the door handles. I wiped down the upstairs blinds and cleaned the windows. The sad thing is, I still feel there are things that I could have done that mean that my house still isn't completely clean.Hopefully I will not be so compulsive when other children come along.
Now it is time to have people over and enjoy the clean house for the next several days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, Nicki - your house sounds cleaner than mine has ever been :-)
You are much closer to super mom than I am!
Post a Comment